Saturday, May 26, 2007

The OMEN

Coming into this movie I felt like I was ready for anything especially after the viewing of "JU-ON". The Omen is a film that also hits home with my personal beliefs about Heaven & Hell, God & the Devil. I don't know why I am so intrigued by this kind of movie with biblical connections since the Exorsist has helped in my lack of sleep and my seeing of the image of the Devil's face. This movie to me what not as horrifying overall that other horror movies have been to me. The one true thing that horrified me in this film is the music. The music that led up to and that was during every intense event just made my bones chill. I don't know if it was because it sounded like music that I heard as a child in church from the old hymes or if it was because it had an evil outcome during the hyme like hearing of the deaths and killings. I think that the music was key in the sequence of this film because it allowed the viewer to truly feel that something was going to happen that was not going to be good. It almost felt like the music gave the viewer a feeling that the Devil was mocking God when the Devil was killing people with the background of Christian music.
Another thing that really stuck out in my head was the pictures the photographer was taking. It was weird and eary how after the picture was taken of a specific person a symbol would be present on that person that was not in the original taking of the picture and as it was closer to that person's death the item in the picture would get stronger and more definite. This has made me think about other movies like the Sixth Sense and the Ring and Ringu because the pictures in those movies were changed when someone was watching them in the Sixth Sense and when they were going to die in the Ring or Ringu. I find myself looking at pictures in a different way because of this. These pictures in the Omen show to me that the Devil has a lot of power. This movie shows me that the Devil is ever so present in our daily lives and that we should not take our lives so lightly in the pursuit of God. The Devil is powerful but God is more. This film helps me examine my own life and my personal walk with God in a brighter light. The Ambassador in the Omen was asked to take the blood and body of Jesus Christ but he choose not to see the light of God ultimitaly dying because of his lack of convictions.

No comments: