Thursday, December 02, 2010

Hammer Film of the Week



For those brave souls who still dare to journey down the path of art-horror after the semester closes, I have decided to stick around on this planet in the blogosphere, and continue to contribute to this noble human effort. My humble offerings will be a weekly/biweekly/monthly/twice daily/as directed dose of Hammer Horror, shining the light on some forgotten classics, whose contributions to modern horror are sorely underappreciated. I will be your Virgil as you wander through this Inferno of horror. I will make sure that the presentations and reviews will have information that is not immediately within Wikipedia range, so as to make the trip worth your while. The first film will be the 1966 classic, “Plague of the Zombies”. Many think George Romero emerged fully formed out of the head of Zeus with his “Night of the Living Dead”, but as this film will show you, the zombie movie existed before Romero. Be expecting this sometime after finals week, when I can sit back, relax, and share stories from the dark, scary, and sometimes confusing place that is my head.

No comments: